Another weekend has rolled around and this time we are spending it at the boat getting a few more jobs crossed off the list before relaunch at the end of this month. It is rolling around quick again and we still have a miriad of jobs left to tackle.
For this weekend the list of jobs includes:
- Rebuilding the sterndrive and filling it with oil to flush out the last of the water contamination.
- Scraping the trim tabs.
- Refitting the cleaned up anodes to the trim tabs and drive.
- Cleaning the teak cockpit table and shelf with Wessex Teak Cleaner.
- Resealing the teak cockpit table and shelf to keep it weather and spill proof.
- Fitting the new engine bay bilge pump.
- Repairing and patching in a few areas of loose and flaky paint on the hull.
- Priming the above mentioned areas of hull.
This little list of jobs should keep us busy for the weekend. As it is going to be a busy weekend we plan to have a couple of quite nights in both tonight and tomorrow evening. But it won't be all work and no play as we intend to finish by early afternoon on Sunday and then treat ourselves to Sunday lunch and a few early evening drinks in Woodcocks.