Tuesday 20 October 2015

Finally

After years of having a slow cooker on the boat and saying we really must get one for at home, yesterday I finally got around to picking one up and buying it.

I had intended to just get the Tesco own brand slow cooker, which is the same as the ever trusty one we have had on the boat for five years now, but at the last minute changed my mind and got the Original Crock-Pot version which was on special offer so was only a £1 more at £14.50.

Keen to put it to good use, and if I'm honest keen to save time when I get home after work, it is now slowing cooking a pair of lamb shanks with some root vegetables in a garlic and mint gravy. I'm looking forward to getting home tonight and walking into a kitchen  full of the smell of cooking lamb and mint. Well hopefully anyway!

I don't know why it has taken us quite so long to get a slow cooker for at home, we love using the one on the boat. I'm sure it is however going to get put to work when we are at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment