Friday 28 November 2014

Christmas Shopping

Today has seen the start of the Christmas shopping for us. But far from pushing our way through the crowds in the supermarkets and department stores, it has been a relaxing day of pushing keys and typing.

This year the shopping has been done online which does of course leave us at the mercy of the postal system but it has saved my sanity. I hate shopping at the best of times but at this time of year I just can't bear it.

And it has not all been Christmas shopping either. Today I have ordered the most expensive, well I hope it is the most expensive anyway, part for Naughty-Cal's winter make over, the new propellor shaft. With this purchase out of the way it should hopefully be the last of the expensive items to buy. We could have had the old shaft refurbished for about half the price of a new shaft but we figured if we are keeping Naughty-Cal for a while we may as well buy her a new one and not worry about the repair failing as has happened with a friend.

So although it is pay day today. I am now officially spent up. Well for this week anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment