Monday, 17 December 2018
He loved all of the new sights, sounds and smells but was not quite sure what to make of th huge koi carp in the pond.
Today, we are back to work. We only have today and tomorrow to endure before we break up for Christmas so I'm sure we can manage. I have my work survival kit on my desk comprising drugs, fluids, sugar and coffee!
Sunday, 16 December 2018
It is now day four of staying at home. Cabin fever is starting to set in.
Liams cold appears to be about a day behind mind with the symptoms he is displaying which would probably suggest I got it first and gave it to him.
It is early in the day yet and I don't want to jinx it too much but I do think I feel a bit better today.
Sydney is doing a great job of being nurse and checking we are both ok.
Saturday, 15 December 2018
It is with some dismay that we have had to admit defeat and face reality that we are not well enough to drive to Lincoln and attend our E Pontoon Christmas party.
We had been looking forward too it for weeks. I'm sure everyone will have a great time in our absence.
We have taken the dog out and are now back at home hunkering down from the cold outside.
Thursday, 13 December 2018
We are both feeling decidedly groggy and run down, with sore throats, terrible bouts of sneezing and of course the obligatory snotty noses.
I think a whisky or two might be in order tonight to try and pickle the germs. But for now at work a cocktail of drugs, coffee and other remedies will have to suffice instead!
Wednesday, 12 December 2018
The living room is starting to get back to normal again now what with the majority of the gifts out of the way and spare items which have been sold sent away to their new homes. We are getting our home back again.
Not quite though the last present will be delivered Monday evening next week and then we have done the duties for this year. We can sit back, relax and let the festivities begin.
Tuesday, 11 December 2018
All being well by next week we should have the blood test results and then three months from that date he will be fit for travel to the EU whatever Brexit decides to throw into the mix.
The daft thing is under current rules he could travel now with his passport. But if the rules change on March 29th we would only have a few weeks to get together the necessary paperwork which just wouldn't be enough time.
This cheap holiday won't have worked out quite so cheap by the time we have gotten the dog sorted and ready to travel. But never mind. We next time we travel with him there will be none of this fuss. The paperwork and vaccines will all be in place already.