Thursday 9 November 2017

That Was Quick!

Well that was quick and a lot less hassle then expected.

As I said earlier in the week just one week after posting my licence renewal to the DVLA the new photocard was on the door mat.

Well yesterday exactly a week after posting my passport application I received a notification from HMPO that my new passport would be with me this week. 

Now I must be honest we had expected the passport application to be more problematic as my previous adult passport ran out in 2010 and I didn't have any details from this one or many of the details to fill in the form about family. So to have the application accepted so soon has come as a bit of a surprise to us both.

Now let's see if we can do the same for Liams driving licence and passport. He has been and got his photos this morning. I have already filled out his forms so we will post them both this weekend after he has gotten his photos countersigned tomorrow evening. 

Fingers crossed.

2 comments:

  1. We are hoping for a trip to Hull this weekend, a trip to Timpsons will be needed so I can get mine and Natalie's passport pics done...Once our applications are sent off and sorted (I fully expect interviews for the both of us, which will be a trip to Leeds) then I can sort her provisional driving licence out and can look forward to more expense when it's her birthday. Glad you got yours sorted without a problem

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were expecting mine to be a load of hassle as I didn't have any details of my old passport or family details. My old passport expired in 2010. Think because I have previously held an adult passport they just renewed it.

    Liams might be more tricky. He has never held an adult passport. Expect he will have to go for an interview.

    Seems this is the right time of year to get the applications in though if the turnaround is that quick!

    ReplyDelete