Friday 3 November 2017

Getting Renewed

It has come around to time to renew our driving licences. In all honesty mine was quite out of date and I am ashamed to say it is just one of those things that just kept getting forgotten about. But last week the forms were filled in and with the relevant mug shots sent back to the DVLA. In a couple of weeks the new cards should arrive.

Whilst on the theme of renewing ID we also decided that it was about time we renewed our passports. Since buying Naughty-Cal nine years ago we have not been abroad so they were well expired. With our trip to Brittany in the planning for next year we thought we had better start thinking about getting them renewed leaving plenty of times for any unexpected problems that may arise with the applications. So my application went in the post on Wednesday and Liam's will be going in next week. Which should hopefully mean that by Christmas we should both have our new passports and new driving licences, so that is done for another ten years!

4 comments:

  1. I Have a very old expired passport in excess of 20 years, I am going to get a new one along with Natalie within next few months, but purely for ID purposes. When I applied for Laura's passport a few months back, I was stunned to receive a letter from passport agency requesting she book an interview appointment at the passport agency. After looking into it and from what I understand, any new applicant (which I would now be considered as one) will have to have an interview. This just entailed that you could describe where you lived and that you knew the full details of the countersigning person. What a faff....I recommend anyone now to NEVER allow their passport to expire as it is just easier to do a straight renewal. Hope I am wrong for sake, but brace yourself xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the driving licence is back. A very quick turn around from the DVLA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just had a message from HMPO to say that my new passport application has been accepted and my new pasdport will be with me in a couple of days.

    Another very quick turnaround. I only posted the application last Wednesday!

    Was expecting this to be far more hassle as my old passport expired 7 years ago.

    ReplyDelete