Thursday 13 September 2018

A Busy Evening

I had a very busy evening yesterday in the kitchen. It seemed like I was none stop cooking for a little while.

First up I had to cook last nights dinner which consisted of a med style lamb casserole filled with veggies in a tomato sauce served in a giant Yorkshire pudding. This was delicious and was certainly a fitting meal for a chilly autumnal evening.

The it was onto Friday night's dinner. If we are staying in on the boat I like to cook something in the week and then freeze it so that it is only a matter of reheating it on Friday after we have had a few beers and watched a movie. This time I made a 5% steak mince chilli once again loaded with veggies and beans. I have made this one extra spicy and will serve it on Friday with some rice and some homemade garlic bread.

Then as if that was not enough while busy with the above two meals I was also roasting a turkey breast portion coated in some jerk seasoning for today's lunchtime sandwiches as well as roasting a pair of sweet potatoes in preparation for this evenings meal of reggae reggae chicken with loaded sweet potatoes and vegetables. 

Let's just say it was hot hot hot in the kitchen even though it was a chilly evening outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment